- The Clippers (10-22) won the fifth of their last six games Monday, beating the Queens (5-23) 100-99 (Box Score). "Baron Davis to Blake Griffin" is becoming the phrase of the season:
- A look at the historical pattern of MVPs doesn't bode very well for Derrick Rose this year.
- Dirk Nowitzki left Monday's Mavs (24-5) 103-93 win against the Thunder (21-11) with a "sore knee," but X-rays "showed no structural damage." Of course, in only 11:32 of PT, he scored 13.... Yeah, the "MVP conversation" is looking to begin and end with one name, as the Mavs won their 11th of their last 12.
Also: Watch Serge Ibaka deny Tyson Chandler's dunk:
- The Heat have the second-best Defensive Rating (99.9) so far
this season, and though LeBron and D-Wade are arguably the most
dangerous transition twosome in the league, the team's December surge has come with less dependence on transition scoring.
- The Jazz (21-10) hosted the Blazers (16-15), but only Deron Willams decided to show up for Utah in the 96-91 loss. D-Will scored 31 on 11-for-16 shooting -- 6-for-8 on threes -- while the rest of the team shot 21-for-58 (36.2%). (Box Score)
- Every time the Hornets play well, they induce a facepalms for about a week straight. Despite Chris Paul's 22-13 double-double and five steals, Nawlins (18-13) lost 113-98 against the Darkopuppies (8-24). The Hornets have won while shooting bad like the 42.4% they shot Monday, but Minnie shot 53.3% on only 77 shots -- 11-for-23 on threes. Michael Beasley scored 30, Kevin Love had a 16-11 double-double, and Wesley Johnson scored 24 with six threes.
If not for a foul, DJ Mbenga would've had a three trillion. (Box Score)
- Tyreke Evans is considering a surgical procedure on his left foot that would keep him out 3-4 months.
As a rookie last season, he averaged 20.8 PPG with a Usage Rate of
26.2%, shooting an eFG% of .473. After Monday, he's averaging 16.8 PPG
with a virtually identical Usage Rate of 26.4%, but only shooting an
eFG% of .404. Pretty clear he's been playing hurt for quite some time.
- The always-evolving jersey number fo Ron Artest.
Tags: baron davis, basketball, blake griffin, chris paul, dallas mavericks, deron williams, derrick rose, dirk nowitzki, la clippers, miami heat, minnesota timberwolves, mvp watch, nba, new orleans hornets, oklahoma city thunder, portland trail blazers, ron artest, sacramento kings, serge ibaka, tyreke evans, tyson chandler, utah jazz