- Cheap furniture/accessories
- Family bonding time building said furniture
- Every Saturday & Sunday it looks like this:
- The parking lot is packed with vans, u-hauls, trucks and other vehicles the drivers don't own and, in turn, don't know how to maneuver.
- One site says it all - Ikea Hackers
- Death from rouge credenza falling off shelf
- Death from rouge cart flying down the cart escalator
- Death from too many Swedish meatballs
- Bankruptcy from somehow managing to spend over $1,000.00 each time I step foot in that store
Many of my friends and family are awed by my love/hate relationship with Ikea. On one hand, they think I'm nuts for going back every six months to buy a new round of "build it yourself" furniture. On the other hand, they love how it always all comes together so well. It's like an addiction that just won't quit. We still have a ways to go, but here is one great Ikea collaboration we worked on over the weekend- the kitchen table. I'd say it was worth the blood, sweat and tears (and yes, there were all three).