Now that spring sports are in full bloom in my house, I am finding it almost impossible to make dinner. Between work, homework, and endless driving around to baseball, softball, and t-ball I barely have time to use the bathroom, let alone cook a meal.
As an alternative to another drive thru or carry out dinner, here are my top five crock pot/ slow cooker recipes that take almost no prep time and are truly delicious.
1 pork shoulder roast (also called pork butt)
1 jar favorite barbecue sauce, I use Weber BBQ Honey Sauce
1. Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper. Place in the crockpot. Pour entire jar of barbecue sauce over the pork roast.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. I use a 3-4 lb roast and it cooks best on low for about 8 hours.
3. When pork is done cooking, shred it using a fork. The pork should be tender and easy to pull. Let it cook another half hour. Serve on your favorite roll.
Pulled Pork Tenderloin
2 pork tenderloins
2 liter root beer
1 jar BBQ sauce
1. Sprinkle pork tenderloins with salt and pepper. Place in the crockpot. Pour entire two liters of root beer over the tenderloins.
2. Cook on low in the crockpot for 7-8 hours or cook on high for 4-5 hours. When the pork tenderloins are tender and able to easily shred, pour out all the remaining root beer/ liquid.
3. Place tenderloins back in the crockpot and shred using a fork. Pour entire jar of barbecue sauce over the shredded pork. Cook on low a remaining half hour. Serve on your favorite roll.
3-4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 oz bottle Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 packet Hidden Valley dry Ranch dressing mix
1. Place boneless chicken breasts in crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour entire bottle of buffalo sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the whole packet of dry ranch seasoning on top of the sauce.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Shred the chicken using a fork. Put the top back on the crock pot/ slow cooker and let chicken cook another half hour. Serve with your favorite roll with blue cheese crumbles on top of the pulled chicken.
Barbecue Beer Chicken
2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of your favorite beer
1 cup favorite BBQ sauce - I use Weber Honey BBQ sauce
1 tb brown sugar
1 the paprika
salt, pepper, garlic powder
1. Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker, Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the beer, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, paprika, and some garlic powder. I use 2 cups of the barbecue sauce when I make this recipe.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cook on low 6-7 hours. Shred the chicken using a fork. Serve on your favorite roll.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
1 1/2 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1 cup low- sodium beef broth
1/2 cup low- sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp siracha
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 cups broccoli florets
Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
1. Put the steak in the crockpot/ slow cooker. Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, siracha, garlic, and green onions.
2. Cover and cook on low about 3-4 hours until beef is tender and cooked through.
3. Spoon a few tablespoons of the broth from the crockpot into a bowl and whisk with the cornstarch. Pour into the crockpot/slow cooker and toss with the beef until combined. Add broccoli and cook, covered, 20 minutes more.
4. Serve over rice.
Filed under: Recipes