The other day I ran into a neighbor, and we spent 15 minutes catching up about the recent ailments and surgeries of our neighbors. This sounds like gossip, but we live in a condo building and everyone looks out for each other, so having these conversations is essential.
As I walked away, I realized that I'm having far more conversations about ailments and surgeries than I used to have and I must be hitting middle age. That made me think about the other signs I'm no longer my 25-year-old self.
You might be middle-aged when ...
- Your period is two weeks late and your first thought isn't "Oh my God! I'm pregnant!" it's "Oh my God! I've hit MENOPAUSE!"
- Your doctor starts giving orders for strange tests like colonoscopies and stress tests at your annual physical.
- You've stopped laughing at the Life Alert commercials because it suddenly seems like a darn good idea.
- The "I'm too tired for sex" excuse is no longer an excuse. You really are too tired for sex.
- You start waking up in the middle of the night to pee on a regular basis.
- People your age are dying with some frequency.
- You no longer know everyone on the Red Carpet before award shows.
- Some pop culture references go over your head, and you're just fine with that.
- Stilettos are beautiful, but you'd rather be comfortable.
- Being hip and fashionable is no longer a goal. Being timeless is your priority.
I don't know about you, but I'm much more comfortable in my skin at 46 than I was at 25. So it's all good.
Do you enjoy reading Little Merry Sunshine? Of course you do.
All the cool kids sign up for the email to alert them of new posts and follow LMS on social media:
Click here to sign up for Little Merry Sunshine emails. You'll love them. I promise or your money back. Plus, my email list is 100% spam-free.