There are two big shopping events happening in Edgewater this weekend. Both are perfect ways to jump start your holiday shopping or pick up something fun for yourself.
Chicago Craft Mafia's DIY Trunk Show
- Broadway Armory, 5917 North Broadway Street
- Saturday, November 17 from 10 AM to 5 PM
- Free Admission
This is not your grandma's craft show (unless your grandma is really cool). A wide variety of crafters and artisans will be selling unique items ranging from whimsical to elegant. See information on artists and their wares at diytrunkshow.com.
Vintage Garage Chicago Holiday Trunk Show
- 1134 W Granville (Corner of Granville and Broadway)
- Saturday, November 17 and Sunday, November 18 from 11 AM to 6 PM
- Admission is $5, but you get in free if you check in on Yelp or Facebook or you wear an ugly Christmas sweater
The Vintage Garage moves out of the garage this month to offer vintage finds including clothes, jewelry, housewares, kitsch and holiday items in an empty retail space. Wearing an ugly Christmas sweater will not only get you in for free but will give you a chance to win prizes in their ugly Christmas sweater contest. As an added bonus, follow some early shopping with brunch from M. Henrietta and get a free coffee, tea or cider. More information is at www.vintagegaragechicago.com.