UPDATE: The contest is closed. The winners are announced here.
The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce is giving away amazing prizes every weekday this holiday season. Today I am thrilled to play Santa on their behalf. Nine readers will win tickets to a show at one of five local theatres. Yes, Virginia, there is free theatre! There is a catch though. You must enter the contest by 10 am CST on Friday, November 30 to be eligible to win, so read the details and enter right away. Ho-ho-ho!
You can win
- 2 tickets to the Friday, December 14 performance of Chicago Tap Theatre’s Tidings of Tap (value $70) or
- 1 of 4 pairs of tickets to any show at Raven Theatre (value $70, not valid on Saturdays, use before July 2013) or
- 4 tickets to Li’l Buds Theatre’s holiday musical Santa Deux? (value $74, runs Dec. 8-30) or
- 2 tickets to Rivendell Theatre’s American Wee-Pie (value $60, runs Jan. 10-Feb. 16) or
- 1 of 2 pairs of tickets to a pH Comedy Theater show (value $20+).
How to enter
- All entries must be posted by 10 am CST on Friday, November 30.
- Required entry: Leave a comment below answering the following question, "What is your favorite Chicago holiday tradition?"
- Additional entries: "Like" one or more of the participating theatres on Facebook and leave separate comments below stating which theatre(s) you "liked." Here are their Facebook pages
- Each individual is only eligible to win one prize.
- Tickets will be awarded in pairs except for the Li'l Buds tickets which will be given away as a four-pack.
- Prizes will be assigned at random.
- Winning entries will be chosen at random by Andersonville Chamber of Commerce staff members.
- Winners will be posted on the Listing Toward Forty site on Friday.
(Disclosure: I received a pair of theatre tickets as thanks for promoting this contest.)