Have you seen the epic mother-son wedding dance video in that starts out conventionally (to Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable") then Surprise! switches to a montage of different songs and choreographed dances to go with each of them? It's very cute. If you haven't seen it here is the video:
As a former choreographer and current mother of a son I feel like the gauntlet has been thrown. I've started to brainstorm ideas for a possible epic mother-son wedding dance for me and my son to do. Here are a few potential options:
- Like Fred and Ginger but with more attitude
- Recreate the Jack Rabbit Slim's Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega dance from Pulp Fiction
- Lord of the Dance homage/parody
- Recreate the final number from Dirty Dancing
- Jets vs Sharks from West Side Story
- The audition scene from A Chorus Line (hip! hip! hip! hip!)
- The audition scene from All That Jazz (knee! knee! knee! knee!)
- Something inspired by Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time" video
- That OK Go video with the treadmills
- The water bucket dance from Flashdance (but with champagne to make it classy since it's a wedding!)
Admittedly a few of those may be a bit inappropriate. Luckily since my son isn't even 5 yet I should have at least a couple of decades (I hope) to come up with an ideal dance montage and to work on my layouts.
Get notified of new posts by email. Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.