Toddlers are cheap dates and so easily entertained. They need constant supervision, but it's pretty hilarious!
My toddler boys could amuse themselves with these opportunities for trouble all day, if I let them...
- Moving pedways provide endless entertainment.
- Escalators are like a ride in an amusement park for toddlers.
- They love dirt.
- Stones can bring hours of wonder.
- Dirty water in a toilet, sink, anywhere will attract your toddler as soon as you turn back.
- Puddles are another toddler vice for them to splash.
- Dance parties are the best!
- Books are the perfect way for them to delay their bedtime.
- Large cardboard boxes prove you don't need to spend money on kid gifts.
- Bubble tape is reaffirmation to save your money on their presents!
- Water fountains shower the good times.
- Elevator numbers help teach toddlers numbers and usually frustrate innocent bystanders.
- They're drawn to anything awkward they should not be near such as a cooler full of alcohol.
- Our 15-month old just discovered he could reach the nutella and devour almost an entire jar last night as evidenced on my Facebook...
I was traumatized and embarrassed the first few times something like this happened. I try to learn from my blunders, but usually laugh it off. A big thanks to friends, family and complete strangers who always offer a helping hand or commiserate with their own tale.
Most importantly, we want our little ones to be safe. Beyond that, my Mom says all kids need is love. I can't argue with that.
What are some other cheap thrills for toddlers?