I apologize for the delay of my list, but it's been quite a motherfucking few weeks. All hell has broken every which way but loose since Thanksgiving. Seriously, this goddamn town is up for grabs.
Now, I want you to know I did send a duplicate list to Hanukkah Harry in hopes that one of you clowns can get this right.
Below are not merely things I want - they are what I need - see what you can do to make this shit happen.
And for the love of all that is holy - please, Santa - get that Elf on The Shelf off my back - this sonofabitch is all over the fifth floor - every goddamn morning.
Today, he was sitting on top of my DVR with a bowl of popcorn, wearing an "I Heart Karen Lewis" t-shirt and a smug-ass look on his face - not sure who painted the Chuy Garcia mustache on this elf's fucking face, but I'm not laughing.
Seriously - it's freaking me the frick out.
P.S. - If you can score a scandal or any breaking news worthy of getting me the fuck off the Trib's front page and the leading story every night at ten - I'll see what I can do about getting your sleigh a parking pass next season.
1) ALARM CLOCK - preferably with an air-raid sound - I need something ear piercing - to wake me up from the fucking nightmare my life has become.
2) WINTER WEATHER - 56 and sunny in mid-December is bullshit -nothing will keep over-night shootings and downtown protesters at bay like subzero temps, flakes flying and wind gusting like a motherfucker.
3) A GODDAMN BREAK - yeah- I'm asking for it - a goddamn break - I mean, seriously Santa WTF does a guy have to do to get a break?
4) A FLAT-LINING FISH - and the address of one WooWoo Wickers.
5) A CASE OF WRITER'S BLOCK - for that fucker Kass over at the Tribune
6) A CASE OF KLEENEX - I have a feeling there a couple more speeches in my future.
7) A NEW FUCKING GIG - my current job sucks ass - any word on a 9-5-er for a nine-fingered guy with a big-ass ego and a get-it-done-at-any-cost attitude would be much appreciated.
8) A TIME MACHINE - Ideally, I'd like it to take me back to a simpler time, namely, the December 2010 residency hearings - when my biggest problem was answering pesky questions from the inquisitive lady wearing the gold hat.
9) AN EARLIER DEPARTURE DATE FOR CUBA - and an open-ended return date.
10) NEW POINTE SHOES & A BLACK LEOTARD - They want me to leave - I'm not leaving kicking and screaming - all ya'll better believe I'm dancing my way the fuck off of the Fifth Floor ... Word.
Like what you read?
Then read what you like.
Before you commit yourself to social media connections below -click the Facebook Like button up top to share with all of your long lot friends.
I tweet occasionally-add @lifelikeiseeit to your feed: Twitter
I've been known to post a thought-provoking status or two - 1575 (and counting) Facebook Fans can't be wrong- click below and join the crowd...you know you want to be 1576...balloons and a confetti cannon are involved... Facebook
Not social? That's okay-I can e-mail alert the next time a post goes live-
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button.
My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.