Welcome to ChicagoNow's Blogapalooz-Hour!
Our challenge tonight if we chose to accept it is to publish a post in one hour. Tonight's Topic: "Write a love letter, but it can't be to a person"
Guess what? It's our lucky night.
My Dearest Sunshine,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
1) You're always there-in the East-some mornings brighter than others-but I know you're somewhere. And that's enough for me.
2) Most days you make my commute something to look forward to-today not so much- I traveled with your frenemies-Fog-Torrential Rain-and that rat-bastard Hail. Know I forgive you.
3) You appear out of nowhere to surprise me. Yep, after I nearly escaped death in the blinding rain storm, you showed up on the other side of Harlem along with a rainbow.
4) You keep me warm on the coldest of days. This past winter-yeah-the sub-zero temps were awful-I cannot lie-but the more the mercury dips in the winter-the more the sun shines. And I saw you a lot during the frozen months of Winter 13-14. For that I am grateful.
5) Absence makes the heart grow fonder...case in point: Spring 2014
6) Your bright disposition does wonders for my crappy one.
7) When you're at your fullest, my plants thrive. People who think I can kill a weed are awfully surprised thanks to you and my skylights. Francine Fern is also grateful.
8) You show up early and stay late during the summertime. More hours we can enjoy together.
9) Just by looking at you-you brighten my day...
10) ...and make me look forward to the next time we're together for another day full of promise and possibility.
Until I see you again...know I think of you fondly-
Your Biggest Fan
Be sure to check out the other love letters written during the Blogapalooz-Hour X -
Like what you read?
Then read what you like.
Before you commit yourself to social media connections below -click the Facebook Like button up top to share with all of your long lost friends.
I tweet occasionally-add @lifelikeiseeit to your feed: Twitter
I've been known to post a thought-provoking status or two - 1024 (and counting) Facebook Fans can't be wrong- click below and join the crowd...you know you want to be 1025...balloons and a confetti cannon are involved...Facebook
Not social? That's okay-I can e-mail alert the next time a post goes live-
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.