I have several customers that have started their year with a motivating fitness regiment and great eating program. Some of them have chosen to follow the Isagenix 30-Day Cleanse. The program helps them re-structure their diets overall and ‘reset’ their metabolism (so-to-speak). With only a couple weeks into their program, they are already thinking about Super Bowl weekend and how to survive. I get it, they are on such a great path, seeing changes and feeling so good; so they have asked me for tips and recipes. I would never deny anyone from enjoying America’s Biggest Sporting Event. Here are two recipes to help you plan ahead for next weekend's festivities.
Healthy Taco Salad
- 1 can of black beans, cook in pan with minced garlic
- 1 bag of baby spinach, diced and chopped
- 1/2 to 1 head lettuce, diced and chopped
- 1 jar of salsa (your choice or make your own)
- 1-2 Avocado (soft and ready)
- 3- tomatoes diced
- 2- Chicken breasts – chop or slice in to small pieces
- 1 Can black olives
- ½ Cup of Chihuahua Cheese or low fat shredded cheddar
- Scallions or Sliced Red Onion
- ½ Cup of Corn
- 1 Bag of Quinoa or Pita chips / Whole Wheat Mini Tortillas
- Cook the black beans in a sauté pan with garlic (feel free to add chopped onions, scallions or red pepper flakes). Place in a bowl when finished.
- In the same small pan, throw the chopped chicken and season with celery salt. Add your choice of hot sauce (I like Louisiana Hot Sauce). I usually only add 1-2 teaspoons. Mix and cook until done. Place in a bowl.
- In a blender, throw 1-2 avocadoes in with salsa. Start with ½ of salsa and then continue to add salsa until you get the consistency you like. This will be the dressing for your Mexican Taco Salad.
- Place the diced spinach and head lettuce in a bowl. Thoroughly mix.
- Layer on the Black Beans.
- Then the Chicken.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, onions and olives.
- Sprinkle the cheese
- Drizzle the avocado salsa sauce on when you are serving or eating.
- 10. Serve with chips or make mini wraps.
Seafood Avocado Lettuce Boats
- 20 medium sized cooked shrimp
- 1 package of plum tomatoes (any type)
- 1-2 Avocados diced
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves (clean and dry)
- 1 package of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 Mustard Dijon Mustard
- After the shrimp and avocado are diced mixed together in a bowl and season with celery salt and pepper.
- Mix the Dijon mustard and feta cheese together.
- Cut plum tomatoes in half and place in a bowl.
- Mix the shrimp avocado and Dijon/feta together. Taste and continue to season to your liking.
- Mix in the tomatoes.
- Spoon the entire mixture into the lettuce boats and serve on a platter. Sprinkle paprika on top.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.