Can you believe that there were over a half a trillion texts sent last year. So it is no surprise that people are actually getting thumb injuries. Here are some tips to help alleviate hand and thumb cramps.
- Tap each finger to your thumb five times on each hand. You can sing a song while doing it so you can repeat it for 3 sets.
- Lengthening your thumb is very helpful. Seriously, pull on it – gently of course. But while pulling, give it a light wiggle.
- Massage your thumb web. Don’t moan or anything, but give the muscles around your thumb a quick massage.
- Gently stretch your thumb back towards your forearm for 10 seconds. This weird hand position is more intense if you straighten your arm out in front of you.
- If your thumb continues to cramp or lock up, you might just need to talk to people for a day and give your thumbs a rest.