So you want to lose 10 pounds? Are you willing to put down the ice cream cone? You say you want to start a new relationship? Well are you willing to let the emotional baggage go from the last relationship? You want a career change? Are you willing to step out on faith and leave your current position?
When you WANT something out of life you have to be WILLING to do something to get it. According to dictionary.com the verb WILL means to express the future tense; expressing a strong intention or assertion about the future; expressing a request, desire; expressing facts about ability or capacity; expressing habitual behavior; expressing probability or expectation about something.
There is a big difference between wanting to do something and being willing to do it. Individuals who want, ask. Individuals who are willing, take action. If you are serious about getting everything that you need and some of the things that you want then you must be willing to do the following:
1. Complain or Change - If you are in a situation that is unfavorable for you and you find yourself unhappy or unsatisfied and constantly complaining then you must be willing to change your environment or change your attitude to deal with your situation.
2. Time and Test - If you are willing to work for what you want you will spend significant time doing that 'thing' that is going to get you to something. Your reason for wanting to do that 'thing' will be tested on every level often presenting several opportunities for the individuals who aren't serious or dedicated to give up.
3. Patience to Pursue -If you are serious about changing you will have to learn the art of patience. Understand that your patience will be tested while you are waiting on time to develop your character, your backbone, your resistance to the word 'No' when you don't get what you want even when you are willing to work for it.
4. Stretch or Settle - If you want to be a better individual or achieve greater then you must be willing to go farther than you can even imagine. Don't settle on what is possible, work on conquering the impossible. Reach for change that makes you uncomfortable. Explore possibilities that are unreachable.
5. Dream or Deliver - If you believe that you are worth taking a chance on and there is something great in you that the world needs then don't talk about it, be about it. There are individuals who dream only in their sleep, and then there are forward-thinking individuals who are up making their dreams a reality. If you want something you must stop talking about how you want it to be and be willing to work to make it happen. Dreams aren't just for sleep.
When it all comes down to it we all are accountable for creating the change that we want to see. What separates the weak from the strong are those who are willing to make that change. So before you go wishing for something to happen or hoping for positive change, ask yourself the following question. Am I willing to work for what I want? Because the truth will always be, either your will or your want! Just saying...