While working at the radio station today, (yes, this is the not so glamorous side of Broadcasting) I was reminiscing with my co-workers about my childhood during Christmas and how my favorite musical artist around Christmas time was, wait for it....
I am not sure how I even discovered Bing or what it was about him that got me in the Christmas spirit but he managed to do it every year. As a youngin', I had a collection of his Christmas music along with others. I am not sure what happened to my collection of Bing and now that I have been reminded of my longtime obsession of this mans voice I decided to resurrect that joyful and spirited young girl. Below is a must-have list of Christmas songs I will always keep in rotation.
6. Diana Krall- Have Yourself A Merry Christmas: Diana Krall's voice is so soothing as she reminds you to "Have a Merry Christmas" that you melt with Christmas Joy.
5. The Jackson 5- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town: Although the sound of pubescent MJ at times can be slightly irritating when I hear this song, it still has the passionate, cutesy sentiment that the kids can not resist.
4. Jose Feliciano- Feliz Navidad: Come on, who doesn't love Feliz Navidad!
3. Boys II Men - Let it Snow: This contemporary version of 'Let it Snow' always puts me in the mind frame of Hot Cocoa (with marshmallows and whipped cream of course) , a fireplace, your boo, and love. This will always be on the top of my list to get me in the holiday romantic spirit.
2. Donnie Hathaway- This Christmas: I know some people might kill me for putting Donnie at #2 but it was realllly close. I love this song the same way I love Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" however I had to put Bing at #1 for sentimental reasons.
1. Bing Crosby- White Christmas: On the top of my list because his voice reminds me of my childhood at Christmas.
I know I might be missing some songs off of this list, so tell me what's some of your favorite holiday tunes.... and have a wonderful Christmas.