This week, have to admit - I'm in a bit of a creative lull.
Reading a job-related book for review for the next few weeks; several key networking events (including a breakfast and meetup on Thursday), and I'm starting to gain some traction in terms of freelance work. (Still plugging away at the job search, and taking care of a sick parent....well, that can be a challenge, and is a post for another day).
So in that spirit, here are a group of links all about related issues to job seeking. Enjoy!
- Remember how I called for resume sanity awhile back? There's still some debate as to whether resumes are still relevant.
- Speaking of the Olympics, there are lessons for non-profits in how the games were handled....or mishandled, as the case may be.
- Here are the three best articles on business leadership that I've read in awhile. Worth checking out if only to create a good attitude going into a new job.
- Worried that you're more introverted? Data suggests introverts are more productive - or are they?
- Recently, I "taught" a session on networking for introverts as part of Communiteach. One person stated that I was saying the complete opposite of what job coaches were saying, but be that as it may, here are two good articles for introverted networkers.
- Finally, for the readers who (like me) are freelancing, an infographic outlining some issues around working at home. (And in all honesty, I treat working at home like working in an office, only I do it earlier in the day).
Thanks for allowing me this (relatively) brief post while I'm gearing up on some projects, and closing others. As always, you can always connect with me via Linked In (and be sure to mention Job Stalker), or contact me via http://www.gordondymowski.com
As always, thanks for reading!