Hard to believe that 2012 is halfway over (or that much closer to the end of the Mayan calendar. It seems like yesterday, I was posting about job seeking in the winter, the joys of freelancing....actually, I was posting yesterday, but that's not the point.
In the spirit of those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer, I thought I would shift gears for this week's post and post a variety of links of interest. Think of it as helping you keep current; think of it as giving Brendan more work to do, but ultimately, think of it as a way for me to justify cleaning out my browser. Enjoy!
- I'm finding myself referring to this list repeatedly in my writing - it's a series of phrases you can replace with one word.
- You've often read Brendon and my experiences working freelance and for "free" - here's a flowchart to use when deciding whether to work for free or to walk away. I know this will definitely make my life much easier.
- For the more socially awkward among us, here's a series of tips to improve and enhance our networking experiences.
- Your obligatory "social media can help you get hired!" post.
- Although this is focused more on the hiring side, Fast Company's recent article on winning the talent war has some insights for job seekers as well.
- Remember that post I wrote back in the day about saving money on the job search? And how open source software could help? Here's the best rationale for using an open source operating system I've found.
- For those of us who are successful in finding employment....here are some some things to avoid in order to maintain your career.
- The most important article about business leadership you will read this year....and we're only halfway through the year.