For twenty years the West Suburban Humane Society has celebrated all things dog-related at their annual Barkapalooza, a half-day family-friendly fest for dogs and their people. This extremely dog-friendly event allows pet owners, prospective pet adopters and all-around pet lovers to raise money for homeless pets through a Dog Walkathon. Animal lovers may also explore the Pet Expo, with over twenty-five pet-focused vendors - event happens rain or shine!
WHAT: 20th Annual Barkapalooza Dog Walkathon and Pet Expo
WHEN: Sunday, September 29th, 2013 from 10am to 2pm
WHERE: Lisle Community Park (1825 Short Street, Lisle)
COST: Free to attend; adult walkers pay a registration fee of $20 - fee is waived if $100 or more is raised; children 12 and under walk for free.
All Day Events
- Microchipping by West Suburban Veterinary Associates $35
(all proceeds benefit the shelter)
- Artistic Grooming with doggie pedicures
The UpScale Tail will be selling pet tattoos for $5.00 each using Chris Christensen and Espree Animal Products with all proceeds going to the shelter.
- Patti Bellock, Illinois State Representative
- Mayor Broda and wife Joanne of Lisle kick off the Walk with a little help from WSHS residents and alumni!
- Barkapalooza Pups Scavenger hunt. Over 100 plush pups to be found hidden around the park, some with a surprise raffle ticket.
- STRAES – Shih Tzu Rescue
- Canine Companions
- Houndsong Beagle and Coonhound Rescue
- Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue
- Greater Chicago Cavalier Rescue
- Raven's Husky Haven and Rescue
- Chicks ‘n Salsa
- Hot Dogs, Chips & More
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Homemade Pastry & Fresh Coffee
- The Vegan Food Truck
- Happy Dog Barkery
- Doggy Doughnuts
- Out U Go
- Pampered Pooch Couture
- Wags to Riches Raffle (winner receives $1,000)
For more information regarding the event, please contact Julie Shell at 312-203-3130 or email@example.com
Like West Suburban Humane Society on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Suburban-Humane-Society
Tweet West Suburban Humane Society at @WSHumaneSociety
Tweet me at @JenTravelsLife