Game of Thrones is a good show, granted. Lots of people watch it, I understand. And it seems to be the darling of social media, right - #GoT.
But, I did not watch Game of Thrones last night and very likely will not watch much of Season 4, unless randomly. Why?
- I have a two-year-old.
- My two-year-old doesn't like Game of Thrones.
- There is not a single regular television series that airs between 7 pm and 10 pm that I have watched in 20 years. In some cases, not for lacking of wanting to, but I am curious who all these people are who have the time to sit around and watch television series on a regular basis.
- I'd rather watch hockey.
- I'd rather watch Barclay's Premier League replays.
- When I did watch (most of the episodes) of season 1 of Game of Thrones, I couldn't understand the plot well enough to continue.
- When I did watch (most of the episodes) of season 1 of Game of Thrones, I couldn't understand what the actors were saying.
- There are no subtitles.
- The male actors all look alike.
- I'm not a hipster.
Did I mention I have a two-year-old?
No doubt Game of Thrones will continue to be popular without my viewing, but I'll have to stick to (sigh) hockey, soccer and BabyFirst tv.
If you like what you read here, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: Uncategorized