CHICAGO, IL — May 1, 2016 — The fourth annual Fashion Film Festival Chicago (FFFC), today announced its jurors — a diverse group of fashion industry and film industry leaders, including award-winning directors, acclaimed actors, distinguished designers, entrepreneurs, photographers and cultural leaders. The jury will choose the winners from among those chosen as official selections, which will be announced on July 1, 2016. "We are so excited to start this season! We are screening some terrific films and are thrilled to be working with this fabulous slate of jurors!" shared Festival director, Patsy Campbell.
The following is the list of the 2016 Festival jurors:
- Gary Sherman is Executive Producer/Director at Serving Time LLC. He is credited with a number of feature films including: LISA - Co-Writer/Director, MGM/UA Production; POLTERGEIST III - Executive Producer/Co-Writer/Director, an MGM/UA Production; WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE - Co-Writer/Director, an Arthur Sarkissian/New World Pictures Production; VICE SQUAD - Co-Writer/Director, A Hemdale/Avco-Embassy Production; DEAD AND BURIED - Director, Aspen/PSO/Avco-Embassy Production; DEATH LINE - Writer/ Director, A Jay Kanter/ Alan Ladd Jr./20th Century Fox (UK)Productions. He has served as executive producer, writer and director for a variety of ABC-TV, Showtime and A&E programs. He is currently a member of the Director’s Guild of America.
- Fawzia Mizra is an actor, writer, producer named a “Top 10 Creative” by Indiewire in 2015, a 2015 3Arts Award Grantee in acting, named a “Rising Star” of Chicago’s indie filmmaking scene. Mirza’s award-winning films have screened at festivals around the world, including 'The Queen of My Dreams', which screened at over 70 festivals globally and was nominated for a Golden Hugo at the Chicago Int'l Film Festival in 2013. Most recently, her short film 'The First Session' was a finalist at the 2015 NBCUniversal Film Festival. Her comedic short film 'Spunkle' world premieres at festivals in spring 2016. 'Signature Move' -- a comedic feature film, produced and starring Mirza, which begins production June 2016 -- received an Honorable Mention at the 2015 Chicago International Film Festival/IFP Chicago Pitch Session and was one of three “exceptional projects” invited by the Tribeca Film Institute to the 2016 Tribeca Film Institute Network Market.
- Katelyn Pankoke is the owner and designer for Elaya Vaughn Bridal & was a contestant on the Emmy Award winning Project Runway Seasons 11 & 12 as well as on All Stars Season 4.
- Emma Michalak is an award-winning filmmaker, actor and the founder and director of the Princeton Film Festival. Her films are in competition in 2016 at the Martinique Film Festival, ShortPole London International Film Festival, and at the Miami Independent Film Festival.
- Darrell A. White is a Chicago fashion photographer and the owner of Darel Photography. He has celebrated and elevated fashion with the digital lens for more than 30 years.
- Eric Kipp is president and creative director of Eric Kipp Custom Clothiers Company. As such, Eric oversees all design, textile sourcing, manufacturing and fittings for the Chicago-based company. Eric was a designer-in-residence at the Chicago Fashion Incubator.
- Chan C. Smith is a celebrated director, editor and photographer. She worked on the film “Girls Like Us!” which won in the category of Best Cinematography at the 2013 St. Tropez Film Festival in France, and was selected to screen at the 2013 Hollywood Black Film Festival. Chan currently makes a living as the Multimedia Producer at Johnson Publishing Company, where she is responsible for creating compelling visual content for the online publications of JET and EBONY magazines.
- Nicki Brashear is a digital marketing expert and the owner/founder of Fashionista-Chicago, a style hub with a special focus on emerging independent designers and hidden boutiques. Nicki collaborates frequently with local chambers’ of commerce and style merchants to promote social and charitable events.
- Erika Degraffinreaidt is founder of French Vendette'. Erika is an internationally renown fashion/wardrobe stylist, based in both New York City and Chicago and working with designers, filmmakers, musicians, and magazines to increase their brand recognition and elevate the style and artistry on their projects.
About Fashion Film Festival Chicago
The Fashion Film Festival Chicago is a platform for independent fashion filmmaking and creative expression which seeks to support the efforts of emerging and established fashion filmmakers the world over. The 2016 Festival will take place during Chicago’s fall fashion week festivities. For more information, visit the Festival website at Fashion Film Festival Chicago.