CHICAGO, IL The Fashion Film Festival Chicago (FFFC) announced today, the jury for the upcoming 2015 Festival Competition. The jury -- a diverse group of industry leaders -- consists of a television show host and personality, film festival founder/director, international fashion stylists, award winning fashion designers and entrepreneurs, photographers, filmmakers, and fashion bloggers.
“This group is an exciting addition to the Festival as their diverse backgrounds and interests will bring varying perspectives and thoughtful opinions when evaluating the submissions,” said Patsy Campbell, founder of the Fashion Film Festival Chicago.
The following is the list of the 2015 Festival jurors:
- Whitney Reynolds: Whitney Reynolds is host and personality for the PBS television program ‘The Whitney Reynolds Show’. Whitney contributes on 103.5 KISS FM's "The Weekly Show" in which her segment, "Whitney's Women," spotlights female entrepreneurs that give back. Whitney graduated from Baylor University in three years and then moved to New York to intern for Good Morning America. After GMA, she was a morning anchor in both Oklahoma and Texas. When not on air you'll find her promoting her affordable jewelry line "Accessory Mercado by Whitney Reynolds".
- Emma Michalak: Emma Michalak is an actor, independent filmmaker, and the founder, president and director of programming for the Princeton Film Festival.
- Erika Degraffinreaidt: Erika Degraffinreaidt is founder and senior fashion stylist of French Vendette'. Erika is an internationally renown fashion/wardrobe stylist working with designers, filmmakers, music artist, and magazines to propel their name and their brands to the forefront of their respective markets.
- Eric Kipp: Eric Kipp is president and creative director of Eric Kipp Custom Clothiers Company. Dedicated to the time honored tradition of tailoring, Eric oversees all design, textile sourcing, manufacturing and fittings for the Chicago-based company. His eponymous ready-to-wear line features masculine, sharply tailored luxury suits and separates.
- Darrell A. White: Darrell A. White is a photographer and the owner of Darel Photography specializing in wedding, fashion, portrait and industrial photography. He has been in business for more than 30 years, serving scores of clients in the Greater Chicago area.
- Chan C. Smith: Chan C. Smith is a freelance professional videographer, independent filmmaker, and visual storyteller from Chicago, IL. Chan served as director and editor on the film “Girls Like Us!” which won in the category of Best Cinematography at the 2013 St. Tropez Film Festival in France, and was selected to screen at the 2013 Hollywood Black Film Festival.
- Katelyn Pankoke: Katelyn Pankoke is the designer and creative director behind Chicago-based bridal line Elaya Vaughn. Kate was also a contestant on both season 11 and 12 of the Emmy award winning show Project Runway. She debuted her first ready-to-wear collection during Mercedez-Benz Spring/Summer 2014 Fashion Week in New York.
- Nicki Brashear: Nicki Brashear is the found of Fashionista Chicago, a style hub with a special focus on emerging independent designers and hidden boutiques. Fashionista Chicago has recently launched a carefully curated e-shop focusing on independent designers. Nicki is currently an advisor for the Fashion Segment of Lake FX event 2015.
According to the mission of the Fashion Film Festival Chicago, the Festival's goal "is to introduce, support and celebrate the next generation of exceptional fashion film and outstanding fashion filmmakers". The Festival is currently accepting film submissions - through June 1st - after which the work of screening and judging commences. Winners, across categories, will be announced in late summer.