ARE YOU ENJOYING THE JOURNEY?
I’ve been asking myself this question a lot lately. I make no excuses and I know that many of my blogs are written from my emotions. I’m ok with it and I hope that you guys are too! I’d like to write a little bit about the journey of life and how many of us are looking forward to the weekend, a particular holiday or a life event in order to begin enjoying life. I know that I’ve been guilty of this. So today I’d like to share a few thoughts and tips on ENJOYING the JOURNEY OF LIFE TODAY!
• WAKE UP each day and simply be GRATEFUL for another day! Before our feet hit the floor, give thanks, admiration and appreciation for another day to get it right!
• BE Present in all that the day has to offer. Yes your day may be chaotic, you may have a job that you dislike, NO nothing is going right in your life and it’s coming at you faster than you can keep up but BE PRESENT in the day anyways! Notice the trees swaying, the butterfly’s flying or the flowers in bloom.
• DRESS UP Like you have somewhere to go! Even when you don’t feel like it! When you’d rather close the blinds and pull the covers over your head! GET UP! GET DRESSED! And Make the most of your day! Dress like you have somewhere important to go! When you look good you tend to feel good.
• SMILE! Even when you have nothing to smile about! You look so much better when you smile. When we are under stress we generally LOOK LIKE IT! So let’s not look like what we’ve been through! Put on your best asset and work your smile with all 32’s showing.
• SAY HELLO… You never know who you will meet on your journey. Saying hello opens up the conversation for more or less. It also opens you up to meet new people; find new interests and who knows you may meet your husband or wife by simply saying hello.
• DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! Find the things that you’ve yet to do in your city and do them! Don’t wait for your friends! Get up and go… Again, you never know who you’ll meet by doing something that you enjoy doing!
• WRITE IT DOWN! Document the things that you’ve enjoyed, take a picture so that when you are having a not so great day you can go back and see what made you smile!
• Last but certainly not least… TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE THE TIME to enjoy a sunrise. You can do this solo or with your mate. Be present in this breath taking moment and enjoy all of the little things. Be it good, bad or ugly we should do our best to enjoy them all because they are showing up to teach us something about ourselves and we will need that something on our journey.
CREATE THE Journey that you want to see and ENJOY it each day rather than rush to get to your destination.
Tags: Advice, authenticity, Beautiful, Conversations, Couples, Courting, Every man wants, Healthy Relationships, His Needs, intimate discussions, Journey, Love, Love Lessons, Love Letters, making love better twogether, Passion, Permission, Purpose, Romance, Woman, Women