Exactly 39 years ago on July 20th, a miracle occurred for a young couple from the south side of Chicago. This miracle was not of the Mary with Jesus type, but was the cause of much celebration nonetheless! This miracle gave the couple many reasons to be thankful, as this was a gift from a union that was not meant to be! This Gift from God brought visitors from near and far to see precious one that would be named Angela. Many prophesied that her future would be great, but above all she would have the gift of gab and would be able to share messages/lessons/stories to nations!
Yes, if you haven't guessed, that miracle birth was me and this weekend I am celebrating my 39th birthday!! As mentioned in other Inspire Me Posts, there were times when birthdays were sad and filled with remorse about bad decisions, not making the mark/meeting the goals, etc. Yet, this year I have decided that this birthday will not be sad nor remorseful, but I will celebrate the blessings of being alive. In a city where mothers are killed while driving, it is especially important to celebrate the small things knowing that Greater Is Coming, and God is In Control! So for this birthday, I thought of 39 reasons I am thankful to be here in this moment at this time!
We all were chosen to live a life of purpose on purpose (whether we know it or not)
Unfortunately, we sometimes allow the little distractions to move us away from the goal, BUT GOD! So today, I refuse to look at what I haven't done, but choose to celebrate and remain thankful for it all! Today, I am thankful for:
- My family that continues to pour into my life regardless of what I have/haven't done to and/or for them.
- A family of believers that continue to live as God desires and holds me accountable when I don't do the same.
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15
- My friends that know me better than I know myself!
- A career that meets my needs and moves and bends with my change in attitude and desires
- The ability to think, move, and breathe on my own. You don't recognize the need until you see someone that cannot.
- Unmerited Favor-there are days when am I just blessed for no reason of my own!
- Sight-I couldn't see without my contacts and got really scared! I am thankful that with apparatuses, I have 20/20 vision
- My mom who presses on in spite of
- My sister who is able to show me the real world even though sometimes I can't believe it
- My daughter that keeps me on my toes
- Laughter...I am able to laugh at myself and all of life's comedic episodes
- Internet-it connects me to the world. There are times I could stay in the house all day and know everything because of the internet and social media
- My elders that have passed-Although I did not like some of the things they made me do when they were here (wash dishes, put premium gas in the car, go to church every Sunday or no going out Saturday) I have learned valuable lessons that I enforce today.
- For students-As a believer that we are all lifetime learners/students, I love how students keep me in tune with the real world or teach the teacher
- Rainy days...they slow me down and allow me to regenerate/recharge. I love to pray during the rain (especially when camping in my tent)
- My car-It is not the most luxurious car, but it runs and has free oil changes!
- Melot, my puppy. He loves me because I am just here. That's awesome!
- My Friend F that is always open to try new things! She's a mess and gets on my nerves, but we are ok! We don't talk everyday, but when we do talk it's like no time has passed at all.
- My Friend T that is rough around the edges but needs a friend. A real friend that will not gossip nor condemn her and will keep her prayed up. She's a mess but she needs me.
- The hard times that made me fall flat on my face prostrate before the Lord. I have some hills to climb, but I wouldn't trade a day because I learned
- Eagles, for they demonstrate how to run and not get weary, to walk and not faint
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
- The past loves! They taught me what to put before the Lord as my desires for my future Boaz. There were good and bad times, but Lord thank you for the Great times! (whew, I almost got stuck reminiscing, LOL)
- The ability to hear from God. There are times when I veer too far to the left or right, but when I hear His voice I feel better.
- I am protected
- Being a spiritual being having a natural experience
- God ordained encounters...He will place a ram in the bush!
- Knowing that Luke was rambunctious, but effective in his delivery of the message of Jesus....Go on Fystyman
- Sunlight...It increases my vitamin d levels and boosts my energy.
- Brand new mercies daily! Yes, I may have messed up today, but tomorrow is a gift with a clean slate!
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3: 22-23
- Friends with friends....I love making new connections!
- Sisterhood. Although you can see it or touch it, it protects, comforts, keeps and assists you when you need it!
- Vacation days! I can lounge around in my undies all day...Until camp is over.
- Electricity...Camping surely taught me that I am a city girl and I neeeeeeeeeed outlets!!! Thank GOD for electricity!
- Scientist that are working to rid the world of horrible diseases (cancer, Alzheimer's)....Both diseases took my grandmothers, so lets get rid of them!
- Forgiveness. I have been forgiven, so I must forgive others.
- Peace-that passes all understanding. There is no need to worry....Peace
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
- Love-God is Love and He intends for us to share and receive love! I love being loved, and I love sharing love with others
- Contentment-I thank God that I can be content in my present state. I know I am promised greater...so there is no need to worry God is in control.
- Birthdays-I have been given another 365 days to get it right!
What are you thankful for?
How do you celebrate/appreciate your birthdays?
Join me in the celebrations!!
Tell me your thoughts!
Then Come Join Me HERE and on FACEBOOK!!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button.
My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.