What do you do with thanksgiving leftovers? Make a turkey sandwich? Turkey casserole? Turkey soup? When memories of your Thanksgiving turkey bliss is faded and you are sick of the same turkey leftover recipes, what do you do?
After years of careful and conscientious research, I have the answer. In the spirit of the holiday, I offer to you the results of yearly attempts to make myself interested in Turkey, Day 3.
The Perfect Turkey Sandwich.
1. You have leftover dinner rolls, don't you? Starting to get a little stale? Perfect. Stick one in the microwave for 10 seconds or toast it if you prefer.
2. Leftover cranberry sauce - canned or homemade (mine is a homemade cranberrry-orange-ginger chutney, yum) - makes a great spread.
3. Thinly slice Granny Smith apples and place on top of cranberry.
4. Thinly (or not, depending on how many sandwiches you have to make) slice brie and place on top of apple.
5. Turkey next.
6. Close up sandwich, slice in half, and enjoy!
Not only is it a great sandwich, but you won't feel like you're eating the same old, same old leftover turkey sandwich.
(Pictures in gallery. Warning: I am not a professional photographer.)