On a recent trip to Mercer Wisconsin I had the opportunity to use a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV. Chevrolet is a corproate member of the Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers. I'm a member and on the Board of Directors.
Having a working relationship with Chevrolet, I get to enjoy test drives on their tow vehicles for review on my TV show, Illinois Outdoors. I've uploaded this segment (which will air on my show on July 5) to YouTube so I can share it with my blog readers.
I must say that the 2015 Tahoe is quite a unique vehicle. It was loaded with whistles and bells. I'll touch on some of the unique things about this SUV here.
- You can set the distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you. Get too close and the vehicle will slow down
- Drift outside of your lane of traffic to the left or right without using a turn signal and the seat will vibrate, left side if you're wavering to the left, right side to the right.
- Seats are air conditioned
- The back up camera is such a great help for lining up your trailer hitch to the tongue of your trailer.
- It has AM FM and XM radio, CD player, DVD player for the kids and On Star too.
- Mid section captain's chairs can be folded forward as well as the back row bench seats with a push of a button.
- Cargo area now has a flat floor and a good sized compartment in the rear of the truck.
The list can go on and on. What I like most about the Tahoe is it is a comfortable and quite ride as well as a strong tow vehicle. Getting my boat in and out at boat ramps was easy and while on the road you don't feel the trailer at all. I'll give the the Chevy Tahoe Five Stars.