Fireworks for the 4th at Shabbona Lake

Fireworks for the 4th at Shabbona Lake

What a way to enjoy fireworks!!!  Enjoy the spectacular sight of bomb blasting fireworks reflecting off of the glistening waters of Shabbona Lake to the “ooooh’s and aaaah’s” of the crowd.  The reverberating sounds caused by exploding fireworks echoing off of the surrounding woods, will send chills up your spine!!!

On Thursday, July 4th, join in on the fun at DeKalb Country’s 237th birthday, at Shabbona Lake State Park.

Shabbona Lake State Park is a 1,550 acre pristine park located on the South edge of Shabbona.  Shabbona Lake is a 318 acre lake with 6 ¼ miles of shoreline. There simply is no better place to watch fireworks!  Bring your lawn chair, your children or grandchildren and your friends and neighbors.

Five years ago the Shabbona Fireworks Committee was formed to save the 20 year tradition of fireworks being shot directly over Shabbona Lake.  The Committee has succeeded with public support from the attendees and generous donations from businesses and residents of DeKalb County and visitors to the State Park.

The committee uses community groups to collect a voluntary $10 per camp site or $10 per car entering the State Park or nearby Indian Oaks Country Club to enjoy 2013’s best aerial and sound show!   10% of all monies collected go directly to the community groups.  The remaining 90 per cent is used for the next year’s fireworks.  Without the gate donations, there would be no fireworks.

Bring your best “oooh & aaah”!!!  Help support the tradition!  If you have never been there, you are really missing something special.  See you on the 4th!!!

It is the best fireworks show within a hundred miles!!!

Questions? Contact:  committee@shabbonafireworks.com

 www.shabbonafireworks.com

Leave a comment