Early this summer Chicagoland boaters will enjoy a new boat show, the likes of which we have never been seen here before.
The Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show will be one of a kind for Chicago and it will be held at the new 31st Street Marina. Fun in the sun with a cool breeze off Lake Michigan is just the start.
If you've enjoyed visiting the Chicago Boat Show at McCormick Place over the winter, you're going to love the Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show.
Here are the top ten reasons why:
1. Enjoy Lake Michigan. It’s Chicago’s ONLY boat show that takes place on the water, and visitors can be among the first to enjoy the city’s new state-of-the-art marina, 31st Street Harbor.
2. See, board, and test-drive more than one hundred new boats ranging from 30 ft. to 80 ft.There’s a boat for every budget and lifestyle at the show, plus hundreds of the newest boating products and accessories for sale.
3. Discover boating firsthand – free on-water courses. Sharpen existing skills or learn the basics with complimentary boating courses for beginners and seasoned skippers at the Discover Boating Demo Dock. Courses include Advanced Docking and Precision Boat Control, Essential Boating Safety, and Introduction to Sailing.
4. Come sail away. Experience firsthand how a sailboat reacts to wind and waves on a sailing simulator from a qualified instructor before getting on the water – great for kids and new sailors.
5. Try something new/get schooled on the water. ‘Try it Cove’ offers free lessons in Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP), kayaking and sailing. Find out why these healthy outdoor activities are all the rage.
6. Take a dive. Anyone ages 10 and up can learn how to scuba dive at the DEMA ’Be a Diver Pool’.Equipment and instructor provided.
7. Fly like a bird, swim like a dolphin! Visitors can watch daily performances and even get certified on one of the coolest and newest products on the market – the Flyboard. This jet-propulsion technology attaches to any personal watercraft (PWC) and allows one to fly up to 35 ft. in the air and dive deep. Check out the video.
8. Big boat beauties. Yachts ranging from 50-80 ft. will be on display featuring the latest technologies, green innovations and amenities, including a 65 ft. houseboat from SkipperLiner and a 60 ft. luxury yacht from Prestige custom-built in France. Whether ready to purchase a yacht or dreaming, the big boats are a can’t-miss.
9. Come by land or water! Take Lakeshore Drive or cruise into the show by boat. 31st Street Harbor offers slips for show visitors.
10. Support local harbors – National Marina Day. Chicago harbors generate more than $30 million in annual revenue for the Chicago Park District, providing hundreds of jobs for local residents in hospitality, marina maintenance, boating instruction, boat repair and much more. Visit the In-Water Boat Show on Saturday, June 9 for Welcome to the Water on National Marina Day, when marinas across the country join together to introduce their communities to the benefits of the boating lifestyle.
Detailed information is available on show features upon request and can also be found at ChicagoInWaterBoatShow.com.