From Ed DeVries, President Bowfishing Association of Illinois..
Just a reminder that we will be holding the Directors Shoot/Innerloc State Championship tournament this weekend, July 16th & 17th at Starved Rock SP in Utica. The day shoot starts at 5;30am and ends at 1pm. The night shoot starts at 8pm and ends at 8am on the 17th.
We have set the day shoot up as a multi big/small fish contest with great prizes awarded for each, only one prize per shooter. Here is a partial list of the contests;
1) Innerloc Big 6- $500 Cash Prize (no silvers)
2) Innerloc A Bow For A Fin Contest- Largest Bowfin Shot Gets A Innerloc Hydrostrike Pro Bow
3) AMS Big Grassie Award-Largest Grass Carp Gets A Complete Fire Eagle Bow/Reel Combo Kit.
4) Innerloc Small 6 Competition-Smallest 6 Fish (Only 1 Of Each Species) Wins An Innerloc Hydrostrike Bow
5) Falcon Archery Big Shorty Award- Longest Shortnose Gar Wins Falcon Archery Sling Bow
6) Bowfishing Extreme Big Buffalo Award- Largest Buffalo Wins $200 Bowfishing Extreme Gift Certificate
7) Cabelas Day Time Invasive Friends Of The River Numbers Contest- $300 Cabelas Gift Cards For Most Invasive Fish Harvested
8 ) Plano Common Carp Numbers Award- $300 Plano Bone Collector Airline Safe Bow Case For The Most Common Carp
9) BAI Big Shad Award- $100 Cash For Largest Shad shot
10) Garquest Big Common Carp Contest-A fully guided bowfishing trip in Texas for gator gar, giant buffalo or tilapia
11) BAI Big ? Species will be announced at the shoot, winner gets a brand new Alpine Mako Bowfishing Bow
12) Bowlight Short Shortnose Contest-Winner gets a complete bowlight kit for night bowfishing.
There are a couple others that I just cant remember now, but we will also have great second & third place prizes including AMS reel, points, arrows, tips, hats and much much more. If you dont win at the contest your name will go into a general door prize drawing.
The night shoot is a big 30 (no silvers) and a numbers contest. This is one of the best shoots in the nation so dont miss it!
Entry is $15 for the day shoot, $30 for the night shoot or $40 for both, and that includes a gourmet hotdog BBQ between the shoots!
AND....the fishing is fantastic on the river right now!! Silvers are everywhere and bigheads are feeding all over the place, day or night. Ill attach a pic of several I shot yesterday morning in about 3 hours.
Hope to see you all this weekend, its going to be a great time!