Now it looks like this.
I don't feel the need to post the detailed steps as the Ikea Vittsjo hack is fairly common and a basic Google search will yield multiple results.
A few pro tips:
- Buy a mask if your sensitive to the spray paint fumes. Hell, buy a mask if you're not sensitive to the fumes. Even in a well ventilated or outdoor space, the fumes can be overwhelming.
- Buy a spray paint handle. Trust me.
- Buy a sponge paint brush to quickly and easily correct the drips and runs that will happen.
- Just prime the shelves. Don't be lazy.
- Lastly, after the last coat of paint has dried. protect your hard work by getting a coast (or two) or spray acrylic on the shelves. It will protect against the paint scraping off when something (or someone) inevitably bump into the them.
Get to painting! Good luck!
If you liked this post, "like" I Hate My Developer on Facebook
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.