You're not a real beer geek until you've had beer out of a firkin. That's a fact jack! Luckily for you, Capacity Bar Group, the owners of Headquarters Beercade, are putting on a Firkin Festival that looks to be out of this world.
They're hosting "What the Firk?" on Sunday, March 30th, so you really have no excuse not to attend...it isn't called Sunday Funday for nothing after all. VIP tickets will run you $60 and get you into the event an hour early, allow you to indulge in 25 samples and provide fare from DMK Burger Bar. Generally admission tickets will run you $40 and allow you to imbibe in 20 samples while there. You can purchase both here.
A handful of prominent local industry professionals will be onsite to name one firkin the "Industry Choice" winner and a handful of prominent local beer bloggers will name another "Blogger's Choice."
Take a look at the poster above for a full list of breweries that will be in attendance and look below for a full of list judges.
Choosing the “Industry Choice” Firkin are the beverage directors of the following acclaimed restaurants and bars:
- Adrian Lewis of The Globe Pub
- Chris Chatman of The Bar on Buena
- Chris Kaftkas of Fountainhead
- Chris Placko of McGee’s Tavern & Grille
- Emilie Sharboneau and Chris Jecha of Jake Melnick’s Corner Tap
- Melissa Shary of Monk’s Pub
- Michael Roper of Hopleaf
- Rebekah Graham of The Publican
- Ria Neri of Bangers & Lace
Selected to choose the “Blogger’s Choice” Firkin are top beer bloggers:
- Brad Chmielewski and Ken Hunnemeder of “HopCast”
- Jack Muldowney and Robert Battista of “The Hop Review”
- Karl Klockars of “Guys Drinking Beer”
- Lorna Juett of “Chicagoist”
- Nik White and Dan Kujala of “Chicago Beer Geeks”
- Seth Feldman of “The Boozy Beggar”
- Theresa Carter of “The Local Tourist”
Subscribe below. No spam, just beer. I promise!
Filed under: Uncategorized