Summer is here and what is more summer than bbq ribs? Check out this awesome recipe that uses a porter in the sauce.
Ribs made with porter beer
- 6 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 4 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 12 oz. bottles of porter beer
- Cut ribs into small portions of 2 or 3 bones each. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water a pinch each of salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to the water. Boil ribs in seasoned water for 20 minutes. Drain, and let the ribs sit for about a half an hour and preheat grill.
- Lightly coat the ribs with barbecue sauce. Cook the ribs over high heat for a 5 to 10 minutes on each side to get a nice grilled look to them.
- Place grilled ribs in a slow cooker. Pour remaining barbecue sauce and one bottle of beer over the ribs; this should cover at least half of the ribs. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours. Check ribs every hour or so, and add more beer if needed to dilute sauce. Stir to get the ribs on top into the sauce. The ribs were cooked completely in the first process, the rest is about flavor and texture.
Filed under: Uncategorized