What if you walked into a crowded room, grabbed the mic and gave your best 30-second elevator speech? That short sales pitch that tells people who you are and why they need you you in their lives. You wouldn't walk away with everyone's attention, but you might peak the interest of some.
That's what companies believe when they spend $5.25 million on a 30-second Super Bowl ad to reach over 100 million people. They will have an initial spike in sales, but the key is playing that same commercial on different platforms after the big game because you are competing with everyone who will also be at the top of their game.
- Have A Call To Action: When you talk to everyone, they aren't all listening so find ways to figure out who is a warm lead. Who might want to know more about you. Suntrust encouraged viewers to visit its website to pledge to have better financial health in 2016. You can provide your social media handles so they can get to know more of your story.
- Be Interesting: Of course you need to provide your name and other standard info, but what if you put that at the end? And you flew through it as quickly as they do on those drug commercials speeding through all the side effects.
- Stay On Brand: If you're funny, be funny. Include a funny story in that first 30 seconds that makes you memorable. Relatable.
- Be Memorable: Whatever story you tell, tell it with all of your personality. Don't leave out any details that paint the picture of who you are.
- Be Concise: You only have 30 seconds so there isn't time for unnecessary words or information. Everything needs to be on point. Be ready to sell yourself!
You never know when you will run into someone who catches your eye. Don't miss out on an opportunity to make a friend, get a date or find out about a job. You never know who will take you down an amazing path. Out smart your competition just by being on top of your game every single time.
What was your favorite Super commercial? What marketing advice did you take away from it?
If you need help throughout your dating journey, drop me an email at Tracie@HitzAndBranding.com or share your question via social media: Hitz & Mrs on Instagram(@HitzAndMrsBlog), Hitz & Mrs on Twitter (@HitzAndMrs) or Facebook. You can also sign up to get my weekly emails or purchase my new dating book to keep you inspired and focused on your goal!