This recipe is called Creamed Kale with a healthy twist! Very low calorie, healthy spin. Approximately only 6g of fat, 90 calories per 8 ounce serving.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 large shallots, chopped finely
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pinch of ground nutmeg
16 ounces fresh kale
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
Method of cooking:
1. Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots and season with salt, pepper, add the nutmeg.
2. Cook the shallots until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Raise the heat up and add 1/2 the kale. Toss and stir as it cooks.
4. As the kale cooks down, add the remaining raw kale and continue to cook until it is tender, about 4 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the kale and stir until the liquid in pan has thickened, just a bit.
6. Remove the pan from heat and gently add the Greek yogurt to just coat the kale, coat gingerly.
7. Season with salt and pepper, serve and enjoy!!!
Please email me with feedback once you prepare the recipe, thank you!