Yoga classes or a run on your treadmill are great ways to lower your general stress level. But what can you do for stress on the go? The following tips can help you reduce your stress anytime, anywhere.
1. Do a quick breathing exercise. Take several slow, deep breaths and release a little more tension each time you exhale.
2. Play your favorite song. Listen to something that puts you in a good mood.
3. Draw a picture. Doodle, scribble, or draw an image of your problem going away.
4. Go for a walk. Just a 10-minute walk can help you gain perspective.
5. Talk it out. Talk to someone about what’s bothering you.
6. Stretch. You can do stretches anywhere: at work, in the car, or waiting in line.
7. Avoid stress in the first place. For instance, if traffic makes you stressed, try another route.
8. Give yourself a quick massage. Massage your temples or neck.
9. Close your eyes. Sometimes, just taking a moment to close your eyes can help you take a step back.
10. Write it down. Try writing out your feelings. Don’t worry about how good your writing is. Just get it on the page.
You may not be able to add hours to the day, but with simple stress-relieving techniques, you can lower your stress level and get more enjoyment out of the hours you have. Remember to take time for yourself, breath and live in the moment, don't worrry about the next!