When thinking of your health and body, here are a few nutrition tips to keep in mind.
1. VItamins C & D are energy-yeilding nutrients.
2. RDA stands for Recommended Dietary Allowance.
3. Your calorie needs are based on vitamins b & C.
4. Lipids, fats and oils provide the most calories per gram.
5. A varied diet is one in which a wide selection of food is eaten to get the protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber needed for health.
6. Fats provide 9 calories per gram.
7. The human stomach can only hold up to four cups of food.
8. Taste sensations include bitter, salt, sweet and sour.
9. Monosaccharides are single sugars such as glucose, fructose and galactose.
10. A great dietary guideline to follow is to aim for fitness, build a healthy base, and make sensible food choices.