4/8 oz. Servings: 30 minutes/$2.75 per serving
What you'll need:
1 teasponn extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup red bell pepper, small dice
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup Spanish chorizo or pepperoni
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 ounces diced poached chicken breast
4 cups chicken broth (Use liquid from poaching)
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup fresh peas
1 cup carrots, small dice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup water
1 cup whole-wheat couscous
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (Optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add the bell peppers, onion, chorizo, garlic and cook.
3. Stir the vegetables until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken, broth, peas, corn, carrots and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for another 8 to 12 minutes.
6. In another saucepan, bring the water to a boil and cook the couscous according to packaged directions. Add to soup.
7. To serve, ladle the soup around the couscous and sprinkle with cilantro.
9g Fat (2 Sat, 5 Mono)
0 Added sugars
BONUS: 47% daily value of Vitamin C
19% daily value of Vitamin A