Chef Jody’s Turkey Tacos
1 pound lean ground turkey breast (Omit for Vegetarians, use soy granules)
1 14.5 ounce can of black beans (Store bought, drain and rinse)
1 cup fresh tomato salsa
1 cup tomatillo salsa (Store bought, Salpica brand best choice)
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup chopped fresh scallions
1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (Weight watchers preferred brand)
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
4 ounces Greek yogurt (Instead of sour cream)
Cooking Methods and Instructions:
1. In a large sauté pan heat the ground turkey over medium-high heat. Season with black pepper and stir the turkey to break up the meat. Sauté for approximately 7-10 minutes.
2. Lower the heat to medium and add the black beans, salsa, tomatillo salsa and continue to cook the mixture until all is hot throughout. (For the vegetarian version, you would gently add soy granules at this point also.)
3. Add the scallions stir in gently until all ingredients blended and hot.
4. Serve in a 6 ounce bowl with tortilla chips OR use 6 inch sprouted-corn tortillas and wrap it up, but don’t forget the toppings!
5. Top off with pinch of low-fat cheddar cheese, a handful of shredded iceberg lettuce and a dollop of Greek yogurt.