1. Vegetables: 4-5 servings daily; no starchy veggies or corn
2. Dairy: 2-3 servings daily; choose low/no fat options
3. Fruits: 4-5 servings daily; remember an avocado is a fruit!
4. Nuts and Seeds: 3-5 servings daily; packed with minerals & proteins.
5. Oils: 2-5 servings daily; olive, canola, safflower, peanut or soybean are best choices. Serve size should be 1 teaspoon per serving.
6. Whole Grains: 3+ servings daily; boosts fiber & nutrient intake
7. Fish: 3+ servings daily; Omega-3 Fats, vitamin D
The best thing to remember is to try and make healthy food choices which are good for your body. Remember, the closest the food comes from the ground, the better it is for your body.