First step is committing to Healthy Living, and truthfully, its hard. Decades of research point to a number of health habits that really make a difference to good health. If you can commit to these 10 habits over time, you will be on your way to a healthier life:
1. Seek regular health care: Good health starts with routine visits to your doctor.
2. Eat a balanced diet: Eat plenty of fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
3. Exercise safely and effectively: Make sure it’s safe and fun so you’ll stick with it.
4. Get to and stay at a healthy body weight: This helps prevent many health conditions.
5. Manage stress effectively: Learn stress management and relaxation skills.
6. Live a tobacco-free life: If you smoke, quitting is your first step to a long and healthy life.
7. Get plenty of sleep: For good health, aim for 7 to 9 hours each night.
8. Drink alcohol only in small amounts (if at all): Have no more than one or 2 drinks a day.
9. Stay on your healthy road: Keep track of your health goals and progress each day.
10. Live safely: Safe living habits can help you avoid accidents and falls.
Choose just one of these commitments to start with and make it your goal. Then, over time, add more. Soon you will start to feel the effects of healthy changes in your life.