One of the biggest food and wine festivals, Chicago Gourmet, comes to Loop this weekend--and, just in case you need another reason to attend, Robert Mondavi's Discover Wine Tour is making a stop here on Saturday, Sept. 24 and Sunday, Sept. 25.
The tour, which began six years ago, is both educational and fun, informational and laid-back. Its goal is to help you understand wine and how to enjoy it, Wine-101 style--and that sounds like a class we'd like to attend. This weekend, Ted Allen--from the Food Network's Chopped and formerly of the hit show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy--will perform a special cooking demonstration in the Robert Mondavi tent at Chicago Gourmet.
Allen's demo is scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 24. In addition to his presentation, the Robert Mondavi tent will host educational seminars that will help you learn the basics of what to look for (and taste) in every bottle; a wine and cooking stage; an essence station to appreciate wine aromas; interactive iPads to email recipes and wine pairings and view tasting notes; and a the Mondavi Theater, where guests can watch a short documentary film showcasing how Robert Mondavi revolutionized the American wine industry.
The Mondavi tent will be set up Saturday and Sunday for all to enjoy--and one lucky He Sipped/She Sipped reader will receive a prize pack courtesy of Robert Mondavi, which includes a Robert Mondavi chef’s apron, Sigg Steel water bottle, keychain, and copy of Ted Allen’s The Food You Want to Eat cookbook. All you need to do is COMMENT! And make sure to fan Robert Mondavi's Facebook page or following the winery on Twitter for updates!
To enter the contest, simply leave a comment: TELL US YOUR FAVORITE WINE PAIRING AND WHY.
- Comment as much as you would like, but you will only get an entry for your first.
- You may receive an additional entry by linking on Twitter and leaving a link to your tweet in our comments.
- You may receive an additional entry by blogging about this contest and leaving a link to it in our comments.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents who are 21 or older.
- One winner will be selected via random.org and will be contacted via email. Robert Mondavi will send you the prize pack directly.
- Contest ends 8 PM CST Sunday, Sept. 25.