10. They just honestly didn't know that "dog feces" is not a popular breakfast cereal.
9. Their two-year-old child was holding their phone hostage.
8. Ten seconds is not a lot of time to process the idea that the Earth revolves around the "sun" and not "Donald Trump's magnificent, healthy 71-year-old body."
7. They always pick "B." It's kind of their thing.
6. "Because fuck you, question. You don't tell me what to do. You're not the boss of me."
5. Test anxiety.
4. They saw the answer in a dream. "The dream said, 'If taco is an option, pick taco." But come to think of it, maybe the dream was talking about lunch, and not trivia."
3. The Dunning-Kruger effect. "I heard somewhere that Abe Lincoln was born in Norway, and I'm always right, so..."
2. Over-thinking things. "The Statue of Liberty's torch does kind of look like a sandwich if you catch it in the right light."
1. Because they think it's hilarious to waste their own precious time twice a day, nearly every day.
Here's your first key to happiness in 2018. Sign up for my newsletter! Another goal of mine is to make it more fun and frequent in 2018.
Do you like rom-coms? How about Hallmark Christmas movies? Well, you can buy my new book, APPROXIMATELY YOURS, here.
And check out my other three novels, including the prequels to APPROXIMATELY YOURS, right here.
Filed under: Uncategorized