Blake Lively is starting a lifestyle brand, because, well, I don't know why. To teach us how to share one pair of pants with your friends of varying sizes and having them look good on all of you? To share her secrets of acting without facial expression?
Emma Fraser has come up with a fabulous list of TV characters whose lifestyle sites she'd love to read. (I'm partial to the one from whom she warns never to take dating advice.)
Here's my list of celebrities who'd write a better lifestyle blog than Blake Lively. It's obviously not comprehensive.
1. Goop. I know she already has one. I don't read it. I would, though, if it meant not having to read Blake Lively's.
2. Vin Diesel. He basically only makes Fast & Furious movies (OK, and Guardians of the Galaxy) and videos himself dancing alone in front of his computer. I want to see what he does with the rest of his time. And all that car money.
3. Randy Quaid. What's it like being a former Academy Award nominated actor/fugitive conspiracy theorist in Canada? Where does someone like that buy artisan jam? I want to know.
4. Carl Weathers, but only if he wrote it as his Arrested Development alter ego. "50 ways to get a stew going."
5. Tina Fey. I can't even make a joke out of Tina Fey being a lifestyle guru. She is my lifestyle guru.
6. Annie Potts or Jean Smart, possibly both of them together. With the Golden Girls quickly dying off and the Designing Women already starting to meet their maker, it's time for the surviving members of Sugarbaker's design firm (OK, Delta Burke can come too) to tell us all how to design our lives. You are the next generation of beloved old actresses, ladies. Start behaving like it. Betty White can't live forever. I'm sorry, but it's true.
7. Freddie Prinze, Jr. He went from starring in She's All That to becoming Sarah Michelle Gellar's househusband, and I'd love to see him give advice on parenting or gardening. Sample post: "I know what you didn't do last summer with your hosta plants."
8. Mariah Carey. She wears evening gowns to take her kids to the park. We have much to learn from her.
9. Kristian Nairn, AKA Game of Thrones's Hodor. Simple-minded giant by day, kickass DJ by night. He can let Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow-Bolton) guest blog and tell us how to go from being a sensitive sad bastard singer-songwriter to hunting women in the woods of northern Westeros.
10. Albert Finney. I just feel like "Albert Finney" is the correct answer to any question.
Who would you take lifestyle advice from?
Enjoy this post? Click like on the Hammervision Facebook page and join the party.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.