- Uber list items must be something I probably wouldn't do without a list prodding me. (Things I've been talking about doing but haven't yet done are usually ideal candidates.)
- Uber list items must be specific and measurable. At the end of the year its hard to know if you actually did something "more" or did it "better."
- Uber list items must be within my control. I'd love to have a play produced in 2014, but unless I plan to self produce my uber list goal needs to be about sending scripts to theatres that might produce one.
And here is my list in no particular order:
- Finish revising the novel I'm currently revising so that it can be sent to editors.
- Revise Tinka Tailor Soldier Spy one more time.
- Revise that other novel.
- And the other one.
- Write the first draft of the novel I wanted to write in November and December but didn't work on because I was briefly hooked on Sims.
- Not play Sims even one time.
- Lose ten pounds.
- And I will lose those last ten pounds by getting back to tracking my food and paying attention to what I eat. Every day. No cheating.
- Dye my hair some kind of crazy color.
- Have the bathroom and upstairs hallway painted.
- Find out how much it would cost to insulate our back porch so that we might have a proper office.
- Clean out the garage.
- Have the car detailed.
- Read at least 30 books.
- Watch Orphan Black.
- Watch the first season of The Good Wife.
- Reread all the Betsy-Tacy books.
- Have my first mammogram (because I'm 35 now, holy shit).
- Go to the eye doctor. Get new glasses. Fun ones.
- Paint the dining room.
- Paint the kitchen. And the cabinets.
- Walk the dog every day, even when it's crappy out...starting tomorrow.
- Get a new phone.
- Write thank you notes. For all the things.
- Call my old voice teacher. It has been too long.
- Go to yoga at least once a week.
- Have "independent reading" time for a half-hour each day with the kids.
- Pull out those crap bushes in the backyard.
- Make the backyard a pleasant place to spend time.
- Grow vegetables.
What's on your uber list for 2014?
Enjoy this post? Click like on the Hammervision Facebook page and join the party.
Want to be the first to know when a new Hammervision post is ready to view? Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. It's completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time. A no-brainer, really.
Filed under: Uncategorized