Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, and I thought it would be fun (for me, at least) to look back at the year in Hammervision. John and I had a wonderful time working on the blog this year, and much of that has been due to your readership and engagement. Thank you so much for taking the time to read our musings on the entertainment industry. We're lay people. We're not insiders. We pay for our cable and our movie tickets and we try to put our pants on one leg at a time when we wear pants. We're just a couple of schmoes who care too much about who's going to win Oscars and why more people aren't reading the Game of Thrones books so I can talk to them at parties.
Here's to a happy, healthy 2014!
Hammervision's most-viewed posts of 2013:
1. 20 Awesome Halloween Costumes from This Year's TV Shows. My post on TV costumes barely beat out John's movie costumes post. Ha.
2. 30 Awesome Halloween Costume Ideas from This Year's Movies. But this post keeps getting a lot of hits, even in December. People know Halloween is over, right?
3. 12 Recent Movies You Probably Haven't Seen, But Should. John wrote this post back in January and it has remained steady all year.
4. Rodeo Girls: An Insider's Perspective. This was a guest post by David Wallach, and it combined two things that people want and Hammervision doesn't usually provide -- rodeos and reality television.
5. 25 Best Movie Songs of All Time. I posted this one back in March, and people still continue to look at it, for which I'm glad. This was a fun post to work on.
6. Inappropriate Moments in Family Movies. A fabulous post, but it may scar you.
7. 15 Gay-Themed Movies That Everyone Should See. If I check my analytics at any random point during the day, chances are someone is looking at this post. Or the In Defense of...Meet Joe Black. Seriously. Or my recap of Breaking Bad's "Face-Off."
8. Why the Facebook Equality Avatars Do Matter. This was our first post that "broke out," and I'm proud that it was this one. I had a bee in my bonnet and I wrote about it over breakfast. Pre-coffee ire made good.
9. The Walking Dead Mid-Season Finale Review, "Too Far Gone." Man, people love themselves some Walking Dead. Though I am *secretly pleased* that one of my recaps made the Top 10.
10. 5 Reasons Why Ben Affleck as Batman is a Good Idea. This was another instance where being first paid off. We learned about the Ben Affleck casting news in the evening, John felt passionate about it, and he wrote about it right away.
Enjoy this post? Click like on the Hammervision Facebook page and join the party.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.