Last night I competed in a Game of Thrones trivia contest with Twitter's own Andrew Daar on a team called "DJ Illin' Pain." The contest was held at The Atlantic in Lincoln Square to benefit Project 891 Theatre Company. They do this kind of thing a lot, apparently, if you're so geekily inclined. Some of their upcoming trivia nights include the Joss Whedon universe, The Walking Dead (T-Dog, never forget), and (for some reason) The Big Bang Theory. So, if you know a lot about those shows/books, check out these events. We had a really nice time.
To get your own brain working this morning, I've written down some of the questions that I remember (in no particular order) from my one Miller Lite-filled head.
How would you have done? Andrew and I came in 7th place with about 40.5 out of 50 possible points, which I consider pretty decent, all told. At least we beat the team named "Hordor?" who clocked in with a whopping 3.
- Name all the Stark children...and their direwolves.
- What's the name of the Stark kids' uncle on their Tully side?
- They've been cut out of the show, but can you name Mance Rayder's wife and her sister?
- How many kids does Davos have on the show vs. in the books?
- What is the name of the Lannisters' home/seat of power?
- Can you name all seven of The Seven?
- What's the Lord of Light's name?
- What does "Valar Morghulis" mean?
- What's Tyrion's squire's full name?
- Who received Theon's body parts in the books vs. the show? Also, which body parts?
- Who was the smith who forged Needle?
- How old was Jaime when he was named a member of the King's Guard?
- Which Dornish prince is Cersei's daughter, Myrcella, betrothed to?
- What's the name of Ned's sword?
- What was the name of Tyrion's first wife?
- What was Robb's wife's name in the books vs. the TV show?
- What was Theon's sister's name in the books vs. the TV show?
- What was the name of Cersei's cousin/bedfellow?
- Which group is responsible for tending to the dead in King's Landing?
- Who was the first Stark bannerman to proclaim Robb as "King of the North?"
- What was the nickname Robb received during his war against the Lannisters?
- Name Daenerys's three dragons.
- What is the name of the knight Sansa saved from Joffrey's wrath?
- Who was supposed to have arrived at Dany's camp with Ser Barristan Selmy, but was cut out of the show?
- Who was named a member of the King's Guard after Selmy was booted?
- Who does Davos save from Melisandre in the books vs. the show?
- What is Gregor Clegane's nickname?
- Who's the god of the Iron Islands?
- What is the other title given to the Lord of Winterfell?
- What was the name of Tywin Lannister's wife?
You can post your answers in the comments. NO GOOGLING, you cheaters.
Filed under: TV