I didn't notice anyone in my Twitter feed (including myself) calling anyone a See You Next Tuesday last night during the Oscars, not even Tommy Lee Jones. I consider that a rousing success!
Here are some (nearly chronological) tweets about what happened at the Oscars last night. Despite what the title of this post says, I don't know if they were the best ones, but they were the best ones I wrote and retweeted; and it's my blog, so I can do that.
- Team Hammervision is happy about the Argo/Django/Skyfall wins. But we're sad Roger Deakins didn't get the cinematography award.
- The internet (at least my feed) mostly seemed disgusted with Seth MacFarlane. I thought he was sometimes funny (I enjoyed the Shatner stuff at the beginning), sometimes offensive (making a comment that alluded to Adele being not-so thin), but mostly predictable and hacky (Kardashian jokes! Jokes about how you have to be Jewish to make it in this town! Boobs! OK. The boobs were funny).
- The Oscars need to shake it up next year and get some fresh producer blood in there to bring the ceremony into the 21st century. And I'm not talking about just hiring Dave Franco instead of James this time.
- Barbra Streisand can't be feeling too good this morning about being upstaged by those young whippersnappers, Jennifer Hudson, Adele, and Shirley Bassey. They were amazing, and that trio of ladies should host the Oscars next year. In song.
- Who was Best Dressed Oscar lady? I'm going with Naomi Watts. The worst dressed? I didn't think anyone looked too awful, but Giuliana Rancic's head suit was problematic and Kristen Stewart just looked so sad and frowny-faced all night. Remember: You're never fully dressed without a smile! Tribute to musicals!
- It's going to be a long, LONG time before I want to hear the name Anne Hathaway or the song "Do You Hear the People Sing" again.
- I cannot wait until 2015 and the 10th anniversary celebration of when Crash won Best Picture!
What did you think of the Oscars last night? What were some of your favorite Oscar tweets and/or moments?
Enjoy this post? Click like on the Hammervision Facebook page and join the party.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.