And I actually went.
- The Scissor Sisters are fantastic live. They sounded amazing. And damn it if I don't love me some Scissor Sisters.
- Gaga sounded less amazing, vocally. Though she had moments of brilliance, especially when she took "Show Me Your Teeth" to church.
- Sometimes I think she's overdoing it a bit with the "I'm OK, You're OK" revival speak; but then again, I'm not the one she's talking to.
- Also, I find it a little hard to take that someone who is all about people doing what they want to do when they want to do it feels that it's acceptable to tell me to get up and dance when I'd rather sit down.
- My favorite song of the night was a new one off of her yet-to-be-released album called "You and I." While grammatically iffy, the song had a nice Elton John-ish vibe. And it marked the only moment in the concert where she showed off her piano playing skills.
- I really wish MTV would ix-nay one of its teenage baby mama shows in favor of bringing back Unplugged. Lady Gaga: Unplugged is something I'd love to see. Maybe when she inevitably begins her Madonna post-Lourdes earth mother phase.