- I've been writing about Idol since back when people thought American Idol: Taylor Hicks had a nice ring to it.
- I'm a classically trained singer. Really.
- My go-to karaoke songs include "Fading Like a Flower" by Roxette and "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas.
"Ryan, I'll tell you what, dude. It's a blast; we had a fun time out on the road. I mean, it's like they've been doing it all their lives. And right, Ryan? Season 10: The Remix, right? You guys like the remix? Is it hot?"
I think it's important to note that there are different kinds of contestants in this group of twelve:
- The Authentics, the ones who are musical, have unique voices, bring more to the song than just their voice, i.e. Seth Rogen, Hipster Beard, and, maybe possibly the jury's still out, Baby Lambert.
- The Voices, the ones who can sing but are more concerned with vocal acrobatics than with infusing the song with meaning, i.e. The Class, Baby LockThemDoors, and Luther Lite.
- The Good Karaoke Singers, the ones you'd love to hear in a crowded bar but not in your living room, i.e. Alton Brown, Tim Halpert, The Joey Tribbianis I and II.
- The Why Are They Here Over More Talented Singers Who Received Fewer Air Time, Thank You Uncle Nigel, i.e. Larry from The Three Stooges and Diva.