I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the Emmy broadcast (especially the TV movie parts) without a beverage in hand stronger than an Arnold Palmer, but by Jove, I'm gonna try!
For those of you who will be drinking something a little stronger (an Emmy Martini, perhaps?) here are the rules for the Official Hammervision Emmy Awards 2010 Drinking Game:
Take 1 drink...
- For each award given to The Pacific
- Whenever Jimmy Fallon says something self-deprecating
- Every time the name "Betty White" is mentioned
- Each time the camera cuts to Jon Hamm
- Anytime the word "Glee" is uttered
- Whenever NBC promotes one of its new fall TV shows on the actual Emmy telecast
- At any mention of the following topics: Lindsay Lohan, Rod Blagojevich, Tiger Woods, Lebron James, Simon Cowell
Take 2 drinks...
- If Betty White makes a horny old broad joke
- Whenever someone other than who I predicted wins the Emmy
- If "Conan O'Brien" and "NBC" are mentioned in the same breath
- If someone uses his or her acceptance speech to call our attention to some political injustice/cause.
Down your drink (you're gonna need it)...
- If either Jon Cryer or Tony Shalhoub win their respective categories
Any rules I should add? What are your plans for the Emmys on Sunday? Will you be watching, or will you be keeping your television as far away from NBC as possible that evening?