I follow all the news so you don't have to...
Here's what you may have missed:
1. Tom Cruise to Star in and Produce Les Grossman Movie. Fresh off a surprisingly successful (and well-choreographed) appearance at MTV's movie awards over the weekend, Cruise is set to reprise his foul-mouthed agent character from Tropic Thunder in a new movie all his own. I like this idea. With Cruise and Stiller producing and the screenwriter of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World scripting, this could be a very funny, inside jokey pic about Hollywood. To keep Grossman from grating on audiences though, they need to surround him with a bevy of A-list celebrity cameos, which I'm pretty sure will happen.
2. Tony Gilroy Writing Bourne 4. Earlier this year, Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass exited the Bourne franchise due to script issues. Not wanting to give up a lucrative product, Universal has commissioned former Bourne writer (along with Michael Clayton and Duplicity) Tony Gilroy to get the fourth film running again. Will Matt Damon follow? And can Paul Greengrass be far behind? Time will tell.
3. New Horror Comedy called Knights of Badassdom Gets a Pretty Bad-Ass Cast. Steve Zahn, Peter Dinklage, Community's Danny Pudi, and True Blood's Ryan Kwanten will star. I have no idea what it's about but the casting and title alone already make this one a must-see.
4. Inglorious Basterds' Michael Fassbender Pursued for Two Big Marvel Roles. He's being pursued to play both Magneto in the Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class (opposite James McAvoy, already cast as Professor X), and the main villain in the Spider-Man reboot. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I'd have to go with X-Men on this one.
5. Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock Reteam. They're set to play a criminal (Bullock) and cop (Reynolds) who get into all sorts of trouble in an action comedy called Most Wanted. I like both of them, but I hated The Proposal, and I get no confidence by the announcement that the screenwriter and director of The Proposal are both being pursued to complete the reteaming. I don't know - this just screams of more The Bounty Hunter to me.
6. Die Hard 5 Gets a Title. The fifth Die Hard movie is rumored to be called Die Hard 24/7. Apparently, at one point, Fox was considering teaming up John McClane and Jack Bauer and this title is a product of that abandoned idea. Whatever - as long as the movie is rated R.
7. Paul Rudd's Sisters Cast. Rudd is starring in a new comedy called My Idiot's Brother. Just recently announced as playing his three ambitious sisters? Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, and Emily Mortimer. Nice. Even nicer? Rashida Jones plays Deschanel's girlfriend.
8. Mark Wahlberg Is "Focused" on Making Entourage Movie. I don't know Mr. Wahlberg. Sex and the City 2 hasn't really lit up the box office like people expected, and the show barely has enough plot to contain each season, let alone enough to warrant a feature-length film. That being said, I'd probably still see it.
9. Chris Nolan Firmly Says No to Joker Returning in Batman 3. Duh. I vote the Riddler - turn him into a serious version of the character, sort of a Zodiac killer in the Batman universe.
10. Rumor: Is Jamie Bell the New Spider-Man? The Billy Elliot star is rumored to have claimed the role. Wait - why not Donald Glover?!