If you are an aspiring journalist, and you don't have a 'What am I thankful for' column around Thanksgiving...I think you're technically eliminated from the World of Journalists Club (that's a thing, right?).
With that being said, I must succumb to the annual rite of journalism.
This year, I ask myself the simple question: "What are we thankful for as Chicago sports fans?"
- I'm thankful for an offensive coordinator who knows the limitations of his quarterback
- I'm thankful that Blackhawks home games are televised. I'm still grateful. Even after seven years. I'll never stop being thankful for something so simple.
- I'm thankful that some Illini fans are coming to terms with the limitations of their athletic programs...some.
- I'm thankful for Pat Fitzgerald giving me a couple more reasons to watch football on Saturdays.
- I'm thankful for Jimmy Butler to remind me that hard work in sports truly pays off.
- I'm thankful to be a fan of a team that has won three Stanley Cups in six years.
- I'm thankful that we were able to keep Cardinals fans quiet for the winter.
- I'm thankful that Chris Sale gives us a reason to watch the White Sox.
- I'm thankful for Artemi Panarin's goofy looking troll face.
- I'm thankful for a management group that could rehab Wrigley Field, while keeping its character
- I'm thankful that Marian Hossa doesn't age
- I'm thankful the Bears have a GM that might know how to draft
- I'm thankful we have Notre Dame back in the national championship picture to love...and hate.
- I'm thankful that we have a Cubs GM who doesn't listen to fans
- I'm thankful that the Bulls never got rid of their intro music
- I'm thankful for Jim Cornelison
- I'm thankful for John Wiedeman and Pat Hughes; two of the top radio play-by-play men in the business
- I'm thankful of growing up in a city where I got to watch Walter Payton and Michael Jordan
- I'm still thankful for Kevin Butlers' 52 yard field goal to beat the Packers in 1987
- And even more thankful for eliminating the Cardinals in 4:)
Happy Thanksgiving everybody,
Gray Fedora Sports